While Donald Trump may be an easy person to laugh at from anywhere on the left, he actually represents a very traditional “act” towards right-wing populism. This may seem ridiculous as his fantastic wealth really means that he shares almost zero interests with the white working class, and especially the broader working class, but he still represents the kind of “shoot from the hip” bigotry from which he can paint complex political issues into simplicity. In a sense he is the perfect image of the capitalist candidate: rich, plays working people against each other, drives at the darkest part of the American psyche.
Donald Trump should be dismantled because of his disasterous and elitist economic ideas that will further destroy unions, organizing, and working incomes, but it is also his upfront racism that reveals the source of his ideas right away.
With this in mind, we have collected together some really choice quotes from Donald that will show exactly what his ideas are about race, gender, and human rights. We have left out the many, many sexist attacks he makes on different women, usually about their sex appeal and other patriarchal forms of degradation, only because there were just so many of them it was hard to choose. This is especially true with his comments about Rosie O’donnell, Bette Midler, and Ariana Huffington. We also had to avoid some of the more bizarre non-racist, non-sexist, non-homophobic ones, simply because they don’t fit, but don’t forget them! He is a global warming denier, the lead Obama birther, anti-union, against renewable energy, and believes that vaccines cause autism.
A lot of his most offensive behavior is actually not from quotes at all. For example, he runs the Miss USA Pageant, where he has repeatedly been accused of some of the most deeply misogynistic behavior it borders on sexual violence. Carrie Prejean wrote about this experience, noting that he would attack their bodies and validate them only as his sex objects. “Some of the girls were sobbing backstage after [Trump] left,” she wrote. “[I]t was as though we had been stripped bare.”
Without further ado:
- Laziness is a trait in blacks.(1991)
- Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.
- A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market. I think sometimes a black may think they don’t have an advatage of this and that… I’ve said on one occasion, even about myself, if I were starting off today, I would love to be a well-educated black, because I believe they do have an actual advantage.
- When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
- If Hilary Clinton can’t satisfy her husban then what makes her think she can satisfy America?
- I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for that wall.
- The Oscars were a great night for Mexico & why not — they are ripping off the US more than almost any other nation.
- [Talking about arabs] They took the oil that when we left Iraq I said we should have taken. Now Isis has the oil. What they don’t have, Iran has.
- [About the transgender Miss USA contestant, Jenna Talackova] I looked at her name, and somebody brought this up to me: “Jennatal.” Those are the first letters of her name. And it’s “genital.” And I’m saying to myself, “Hmm, that’s strange, could there be an ulterior motive?’”
- I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke. [Just to throw some fatphobia into the mix]
- [After falsely claiming that unemployement was really 18-20%] There are no jobs because China has our jobs, Mexico has our jobs. They all have our jobs.
- Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won’t see another black president for generations.
- I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.
- And if you look at black and African American youth, to a point where they’ve never done more poorly. There’s no spirit.
- [On Marriage Equality] It’s like in golf. A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive. It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.
- [Discussing his daugher] She does have a very nice figure . . . if [she] weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
- I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.
- [Obama’s religion and citizenship] He may have one but there’s something on that, maybe religion, maybe it says he is a Muslim. I don’t know. Maybe he doesn’t want that. Or he may not have one. I will tell you this: if he wasn’t born in this country, it’s one of the great scams of all time.
- Our great African American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
- [Addressing the attorney of a transgendered woman who was excluded by Trump from the Miss USA pageant.] I think Gloria would be very very impressed with [my penis].
- [Speaking about himself in the third person] Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.
- I’ve read hundreds of books about China over the decades. I know the Chinese. I’ve made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind.”
- All the women on The Apprentice flirted with me–consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.
- Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building, or a work of art is not just superficial or something pretty to see
- You know, it really doesn`t matter what (the media) write as long as you`ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.
- I bet you make a great wife. But just a great wife. Not a businesswoman and a wife — that doesn’t exist, obviously.
- [On Liberian immigration] Stop the EBOLA patients from entering the U.S. Treat them, at the highest level, over there. THE UNITED STATES HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS!
- [From the Apprentice]
Trump: “Excuse me, you DROPPED to your knees?”
Trump: “It must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.”
Ok, so we also wanted to give you one bonus quote that is just generally awful.
- [About John McCain, who was P.O.W. for five years] He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was caputred. I like people who weren’t captured.
11 thoughts on “28 Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, and Transphobic Quotes from GOP Frontrunner Donald Trump”
Misquote :”Their rapists” not they’re (they are) rapists